Thursday 19 October 2017

Pig Skin Disorder (Scabs on the Back of Pig) What can I do?

Scabs or lice on Pigs - What can I do?
Recently a group of my pigs started getting dry spots on their backs and ears.
I initially thought it was dry skin from the sun. After asking an expert's advice, he told me that it was scam mites and  all I have to do is inject Dectomax. I did it and after a few weeks the pigs were clean and healthy. It is important to treat it immediately, especially under pregnant sows.
When the little pigs are born, they will be infected if the mother has scab mites and it is highly contagious
.

This will slow their growth and the bones and hips will be weak. For an quick fix you can pour old car oil on their backs, but you need to give them the proper treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ideas that you can do with your land that Works!

You have land but have no idea to do with it? Let’s answer the question that thousands of people ask everyday: What can I do with my small p...